The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

What to Do In Case of Emergency...AKA...In Case of a Missing Cork Screw


As always I'm providing you with some very useful information today...just in time for the weekend. 

For those of you that limit your wine drinking to the weekend.

For those of you that don't...sorry I didn't post this at an earlier date.

So here we go...

In the event that you are stranded in some cork screw forsaken place with a bottle full of yummy wine...have no fear my friends! 

Farm Boy and my big brother are at your service with a step by step tutorial.

Step 1. Find a long screw of some sort.  Nothing fancy...it just has to be long.  Very carefully screw it into the cork of the bottle leaving 1-2 inches of screw coming out of the top of the cork.  Do not screw it completely out of the end of the cork inside the bottle. (Pieces of cork could fall into the wine) (Don't ask me how I know this)

100_0159a

Step 2. Find a pair of pliers.  Use the pliers to very carefully pull on the 1-2 inches of screw coming out of the top of the cork.  Let me reiterate...VERY CAREFULLY. (Don't ask me how I know this)

100_0157a

Step 3. Enjoy your wine my friends!

100_0158a

The End.

We are not rednecks...we are resourceful,
Megan

P.S.  Not that there is anything wrong with being a redneck. 

P.P.S.  My dear friend Anna just added a very helpful little tidbit...if pieces of cork should fall into your yummy wine, you can use a coffee filter to filter the wine as you pour it into your glass.  Thanks Anna!

4 comments:

  1. Here's another tip - if you get cork in your yummy wine use a coffee filter to filter it out when you pour - LOL! You're an asset dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo....GOOD ONE!! I think I shall add this to my post!

    I am an asset now dammit and so are you my friend!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell, a little cork never hurt anyone...you can't call yourself a redneck if you strain that out of your wine! hehe Cute post Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rose! I told @Lynziehause that I dug those pics out of the Christmas 2006 Vault. LOL... I was browsing and thought hey...that's a pretty good blog post. Guess I had the mind of a blogger even back then!! lol...

    ReplyDelete

Followers