The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

For the Farmer's Wives & Daughters

Awhile back I bought a book for Q-Tip called Growing Up a Country Girl.  It is a collection of book excerpts, poems, quotes, etc.

Growing up a country girl book

It is LOADED with great stuff but there is one piece of writing that struck me the moment I read it.

This is for all the wives, children, and families of famers that feed and clothe our nation.  Trust me when I say...I know what you do day in and day out.  I know the sacrifices you continually make and the struggles you face and I appreciate what you have done and what you continue to do!

It is especially important that whatever will prepare country children for life on the farm, and whatever will brighten home life in the country and make it richer and more attractive for the mothers, wives, and daughters of farmers should be done promptly, thoroughly, and gladly.  There is no more important person, measured in great influence upon the life of the nation, than the farmer's wife, no more important home than the country home, and it is of national importance to do the best we can for both.
~Theodore Roosevelt

Much love from this country girl,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers