The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sugar, Spice, & John Deere Tractors...Say Wha?

When the sweet little poem was written about little girls and what they're made of I think the writer left a few things out. 

Mainly because I have found that my little girl is made up of much more than sugar, spice, and everything nice. 

Although I'm sure some would say that horses, cows, pigs, tractors, and the like...are all nice things. 

I would agree...to some degree.

But Q-Tip...I think she would agree wholeheartedly.

Lately she has taken an interest in some of her daddy's tractors.  She's always enjoyed playing with them but she has REALLY taken a liking to one lately, his John Deere 4620.

100_6467a

We have to take this tractor all over the third floor with us.

I'm sure she would have it all over the house but I fear her landing on it at the bottom of the stairs wouldn't turn out well.

So...we take it to the bathroom for bath time.  She takes it with her to her evening blow dry.  She takes it up onto the changing table to put on her jammies and fix her hair.  And I know...that we are merely days away from her asking to take it to bed with her.

This all wouldn't be so much of a problem if she weren't insistent upon having the John Deere 348 Square Baler attached. 

100_6470a

It makes it rather difficult to handle.

But it's a must.

So we haul it around or square bale the carpet on the way to take a bath.

Pretty soon I'm afraid we're going to have to tell some of her other favorite critters to move over for John. 

100_6473a

Or maybe we'll just build a little barn for John beside her bed.  John's not quite as soft and plush as Baby Anna, Baby Honu, Frosty, and Horsey.

My little girl is made of so much more,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm a mom of two daughters, and I dreamed they'd "be so much more" and they are!

    My one daughter was born with this natural athletic ability that blows my mind. I'm not real into sports, so it didn't matter to me if she had it or not, but seeing her being able to run and kick a soccer ball, or throw a softball the way she does...makes my heart soar. She plays with little girl things too, but she's so much more.

    Our daughters rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's somethin else Rose!! :-)

    Amanda...They totally rock! I'm so glad too because I didn't know what I was going to do with a sugar and spice only kinda girl. Not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just not the kinda girl I am I guess. :-)

    Thank y'all for stoppin by!

    ReplyDelete

Followers