The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Heart Strings

Lately I've felt as though my heart strings are pulling me in a westward direction.

Wait...let me rephrase that.

Lately I've felt as though my heart strings are yanking me in a westward direction.

I can't put my finger on the exact reason. 

Whether it be because I want many, many things for Q-Tip that living farther west would give her.  Or that I am like a fish out of water on the East coast. 

I simply can't put my finger on it. 

I'm sure it is all of my reasons put together but I can't help but wonder if we lived a little further west...would I even be having these yanking feelings?  Or would I be absolutely fine with where we were.

However I will say this...if we lived a little farther west instead of a lot farther west I'm certain that our lives would not involve cows.  Or a large chunk of land on a prairie somewhere. Or tractors.  Or getting up at the crack of dawn to do the chores. 

Hmmm...maybe I need to think about this for a minute.  Me and the crack of dawn don't always get along.

Even still...I just can't help myself.  The yanking that I am feeling involves all of those things. 

It doesn't have much to do with another house in a town that we've never been to, in a state we've never lived in. 

It involves a home, on some land, with some cows, in a place that we feel fits us.  Or should I say...that we fit in. 

Or maybe...it's all because I can't wear my pink boots here without getting stared at like I'm a loony.

I really like pink,
Megan

4 comments:

  1. I WANT PINK BOOTS.

    And if I ran into you wearing them I'd think you were freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! *smile*

    You would love them...they are AWESOME! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time on your blog. I found it via Pioneer Woman. I enjoyed reading some of your entries. I am new to the blogging world but I really enjoy and so far I have enjoyed it. Check me out www.utterlypicturesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Aasiya and welcome to the blogosphere! You will find lots of nice folks and lots of awesome blogs. I love it!

    :-)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Followers