The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Excuse Me for a Moment Life...I Need to Blog

It's been awhile!  And that little part of my brain that blogging makes happy...most definitely knows it.

The past few months have been good, bad, and everything in between.

When I say good I mean...fun, happy, exciting, and just what my soul needed.

When I say bad...I really mean...stressful, anxiety ridden, and sometimes scary.

The good news is...I've got forever to fill you in on everything.  Isn't that great?

Well...maybe I should say that I have forever pending the simple fact that Q-Tip takes her afternoon nap.  Which is my one and only blogging time of the day.  Which is what interfered with my blogging to begin with. 

FYI...if your child is on Prevacid for reflux...don't take her off...just keep her on it forever. 

Maybe I should elaborate.

Q-Tip has been on Prevacid since she was about 2 months old.  We attempted to take her off of it when she turned 1, again at 1 1/2, and again at 2.  I thought surely that by 2 she would be fine so I gave it a little more time with this go round.  We had a few pills left so we stuck with giving her a nighttime pill and took away her morning one.  About 4 or 5 days in she quit taking her afternoon nap.  She also assumed the attitude of a PMSing teenager and started mutilating pacifiers by nawing on them with a vengeance.  Oh yes...and guzzling water like a camel that's been in the dessert for a month.

I called the doctor and he said...lets just give it a little more time.  I...rather POed...said fine and called my friend back to tell her what the doctor said.  She then proceeded to knock some sense into my foggy brain.  I called the doctor back and told him I was going to take her to a Pediatric GI and I needed another prescription of Prevacid until we went.  He...I think a little POed...said fine. 

We went to our appt with the Ped GI and I...expecting to hear that she still has reflux, here's some more Prevacid...got the wind knocked out of my sails.  We had to do some blood work and possibly a couple other tests...pending the results of the blood work...to get to the root of the problem.  If there isn't anything major then she could possibly just have reflux but considering her age...it's unlikely.  We don't have any results or any major plans yet.  We are supposed to have a follow-up with the doctor in a couple of weeks.  I'm hoping and praying, praying and hoping for some good news! 

Good news that would not require surgical procedures or anesthesia.

Anywho...that's been a good portion of the last couple of months.  In a nutshell.

Attempting to put down the anxiety,
Megan

P.S. I went to Ulta for some hair product today and came out with some new OPI nail polishes from their new TEXAS Collection!  I'm thinkin that the new Austin-tatious Turquoise is just the thing I need for anxiety fighting and kicking some mom blob ass!! 

I'll let you know how it works out. 

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there little Momma...sometimes little victories like the poo-poo in the potty will get us through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan and Rose! I appreciate the hug and the encouragement. Y'all are great!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers