The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Craft Projects, House Cleaning, Toddler Raising...OH MY!

There is simply no way possible that it has been 2 weeks since I posted! 

No way...can't be. 

Okay...so now that we've established that I'll tell you what's been going on 'round these parts. 

1. Q-Tip has decided that she no longer needs an afternoon nap.  I have no idea what brought this on but it sort of takes me back to when she decided she no longer liked carrots...or peas, or green beans, or sweet potatoes, or basically any foods that are good for her.  It's been lovely...really lovely.  Today especially!  The hour long battle of the wills was my favorite part!  I guess it's a good thing I started early.

2.  It seems like 25 babies have been born or had their birthday in the past couple of weeks.  I've got several projects that I need to finish or start and it seems like every one of them has required going to multiple stores on multiple occasions to get everything I need.  You would think I would either learn to make a list or plan better and go everywhere in one day.  Or perhaps get over my phobia of shopping online.  But apparently my brain is in some sort of fog and I'm having a hard time staying focused on what I need to do for the next hour.  My brain does work efficiently though when it comes to reminding me of all the things I need to get done in the next week.  Child rearing, Christmas cards, house cleaning, craft projects...not to mention anything that I would LIKE to do.  Like maybe some blog reading/writing, scrapbooking, movie watching...ya know...fun stuff.  Maybe I will sometime after January.

3. Never, never, never have I wanted a cleaning lady more than I do now.  It's a never ending battle that drives me up the wall.  I like a clean house people...I admit that sometimes my clean house OCDness is a bit over the top and causes me grief...SOMETIMES.  But is it a crime to love being in a clean house?  I think not.  Is it a crime to want it clean 98% of the time?  I think not.  It is unachievable and ridiculous to think it's possible?  I think so!  It doesn't stop me however from wanting it to be so.  And yes...Q-Tip is finally getting to the age where it is easier for me to clean house with her in the house and awake.  However it does take me longer to get done and then...enter, Mom Guilt.  I feel bad because I've been cleaning all day and I haven't played with her.  Ahhhh motherhood...such a joy!

4. Due to the craft projects, house cleaning, and toddler raising my computer time has been next to nothing lately.  This makes it rather difficult to blog, or read blogs, or have any kind of fun. 

I did however make a stunning discovery last Friday that I am hoping will aid this situation.  Let me start from the beginning....

Apparently my phone needed an update that didn't take place on its own.  I finally called the service desk because I was having one problem after another.  Twitter was freezing up my phone constantly, my email notifications weren't coming, my camera wasn't working correctly, etc, etc, etc.  SO...I've done this here update and my phone is like a new phone!  Thank you Lord!  I took advantage of the new Google Reader app so hopefully I can sneak in a little blog reading here and there...ya know...as I'm chasing my child and all. 

Anywho...there's lots of things happening here and there and my poor little mind is a little bit on overload and my little bloggy poo has suffered.  Hopefully this will only be a temporary situation though!

Overworked and Underpaid,
Megan

P.S.  I'm just kidding about the overworked and underpaid part...but not really.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a blog neglector too, but no more...I'm making it a fun priority for me if it kills me dammit!

    ReplyDelete

Followers