The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Today is the first day that I have turned on the computer since I got home from my beloved vacation with my beloved friends.  It was beloved y'all! 

Yes Oasis in the Ozarks 2010 was a hit! 

We slept in, we shopped, we made up new words, we drank adult beverages...it was a large weekend.

And so in honor of the fine weekend that it was I have prepared a list of highlights and a few pictures.

1. FYI...my dear friend Anna does not give blow outs...sitting down or standing up. 

Oh yes...a blow out is a blow dry...as in hair.  For heavens sake what else would it be?

2. The game Would You Rather... is much more fun to play without the board that comes with it and while your drinking an adult beverage. 

I hope your taking notes my friends.

3. We didn't see a single show while we were in Branson and I am perfectly okay with that.

4.  Branson Missouri is a significantly significant place to shop.  It. Was. Heaven.

5. If you have not been on a 4 days girls trip with your friends in the past 2 years...go...right now and plan one.  If nothing else your husband and children will be reminded of what an asset you are.  Cause you are ya know...an asset now dammit dang it...an asset!!

6. When you get home your child/children will probably put you through 9 kinds of hell like mine did.  Sleep issues and a nasty case of seperation anxiety have just about done me in.  But I can say that we are on day 7 of my return and things are getting better. 

And no matter how difficult the past few days have been...it was worth it!!

7. For two of our three night stay in Branson my dear friend Pam serenaded me with her guitar while I took a bath.  Really she serenaded all of us but I'm choosing to believe it was just for me.  I am currenlty looking at applications for someone to do that here in Maryland.  It was quite relaxing and I feel that I need this in my life on a more permanent basis.


8. We ate wonderful food while we were there.  So wonderful in fact that we decided to eat in all three nights!  It was great and it was probably the only time you'll hear ME saying that I don't want to eat out! 

9. Time away with my good friends is a significantly significant asset to my mental health.


10. And a follow-up to number 9...I have the greatest friends that anyone could ever ask for!


I love y'all!

Meg

P.S. We stayed at a condo in Branson that my sister-in-law and her husband own.  It was SO NICE!!  It's beautifully decorated and has everything you need to feel at home...except for your not at home...which is the point right?  Right!  Anywho...it is super nice and if you would like to stay there click HERE to see the website.  Their condo is in building 32 unit 4.  Each one is independently owned so I have no idea what the others look like...be sure and ask for their condo specifically. 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Why do I look so red & weird???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm fuzzys all over! Xoxo oh and by the way as Pam would put it
    My Annicles are very significant today and looks like I'll be starting that diet u guys were telling me about....it's scary right now but I feel like it's going to work wonders on my confidence. Love to I dear and sending okie hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Followers