The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Significantly Significant Events - Part 1 of 3 - Oasis in the Ozarks 2010

The next few months at my house are going to be a complete whirlwind.  I'm doing my best to prepare myself and have all things ready before the whirlwind begins but alas...it's easier said than done.

I've decided to tell you about my significantly significant events in parts because after all...each one is significant in its own right.

The first event will be taking place at the end of this month and I can't think of a better way to kick off the craziness.  This particular event is very important.  As a matter of fact you might say it is vital...vital to my very existence. 

I am speaking of none other than Oasis in the Ozarks 2010 people! 

Write that down...you may decide that having your own Oasis in the Ozarks is vital to your existence. 

So what is Oasis in the Ozarks you say...I'm glad you asked!

It's a 4 day 3 night getaway y'all.  A getaway with some of my very best friends, Pam (of My Pamtastic Life), Anna, and Ann.  A getaway without kids, without husbands...Godlovethemblesstheirhearts...and without responsibility. 

Its purpose is to revitalize and renew the spirit!  Events will be, but are not limited to the following...drink beer, shop, lounge by the pool, drink wine, cook a cowgirl dinner party, lounge in our PJ's, drink martinis, sleep in, have a Revolution with Miranda Lambert, drink Sangria, paint our toes, share hair/face product, drink any adult beverage or ten, etc, etc, etc.

Its purpose is also to remind our dear husbands and children...Godlovethemblesstheirhearts...what an asset we are.  And what better way to do it than to leave for 4 days.  Cause we're assets now dammit...assets!! 

I will be flying out of Maryland and into Oklahoma on a Wednesday afternoon.  Then on Thursday we will road trip to Missouri where my sister-in-law has a condo...Godloveherblessherheart...where we will stay until Sunday...praise Jesus.  And then on Monday...in the wee hours of the blessed morning...I will fly out of Oklahoma and back to Maryland refreshed and renewed...God willing.

I've got my plane tickets booked, the condo reserved, we've had t-shirts made...thanks Anna...we've got a Pioneer Woman cookbook and we are ready to go!!

Y'all...I'm counting down the weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.  It is going to be a LARGE weekend and much fun will be had by all! 

I haven't had a weekend like this since before I got pregnant with Q-Tip...seriously.  And I haven't spent a night away from her since she was born and it's time we crossed that bridge.  She will be at home with her daddy having the time of her life...it's gonna be great for all three of us!

I'm an asset now dammit,
Megan

P.S.  I CAN'T WAIT!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY for you! What a fantastic trip you have planned! And you are an asset and don't forget it! (Hubby sure won't by the time you return....smile)

    Enjoy yourself! Oh and have a glass of wine for me, would ya? cheers! *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! I'm ready to go! Cubert is going in for his checkup tomorrow so he'll be ready to go! Shirts are in the wash - getting the weird vinegar smell out of them....they'll be ready to go...LOL LET'S GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend!! =) We had a mini version of that back in July. It was short but very successful -- all our men certainly missed us and by the end of day 2 we were all getting calls and texts about when we would be home lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Yes. YES! The fun that will jam-packed into those 4 days and 3 nights...so much fun that it may be legal in some states :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - now that sounds like a great weekend.

    Sangria makes everything awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, weirdly I read the going away with husband post first, then this one, they thought this one was the one happening now, only it's obvious it's the other way around.

    Clearly I'm still suffering from jet lag.

    I'm sorry.

    Have a great time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete

Followers