The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Packing & Leaving

I'm leaving for my 5 day trip with just the girls today...Oasis in the Ozarks 2010.

And although I am completely and totally excited about this little getaway...I'm starting to feel a little twinge of anxiety.

It's nothing really.

Just a few thoughts like...

OMG...we're getting low on toothpaste what if he runs out before I get back.

OMG...Q-Tip is getting low on toothpaste I have to go get more today.

What if he needs my tweezers to get a splinter out of her hand while I'm gone...I better leave them.

How will he get it out by himself?

What if she wakes up in the night and needs me and I'm not there?

Do we have plenty of band-aids and peroxide?

Do we have plenty of children's Motrin and Benedryl?

I better stock up on everything so Farm Boy won't have to go to the grocery store while I'm gone.

I need to clean house before I leave so they won't be left in a messy house.

I have to get the laundry done so they won't run out of anything while I'm away.

What if I miss her more than I thought I would? 

I know I'll miss him more than I thought I would...I've been away from him before.

But I've never been away from her...I'm not sure what to think.

Y'all...have I mentioned that I'm going to be gone for 5 days and 5 nights? 

I'm crazy aren't I? 

Someone say no...someone...please...anyone?

But...I'm also looking forward to...

Not having a monitor in my ear all night long.

Not getting up all hours of the night to get drinks of milk.

Getting out of the same ol' same ol' routine for a few days.

Spending time with my friends!

Laughing my hiney completely off!

And relaxing, relaxing, relaxing!!

I'm going to take these next few days and rest, relax and recharge so that I can come home and be Superwoman Mom once again!

HAAA...who am I kiddin,
Megan

P.S. I seriously have no idea why I'm so worried about these stupid little things.  Farm Boy is more than capable of handling things while I'm away and I completely trust him.  He knows how to do laundry in a pinch, go to the grocery store, and buy more toothpaste if need be.  He is quite the handler of the unforeseen crisis.  He'll be fine and I know I have nothing to worry about.  But I can't help worrying that there will be no one here to take care of the two people I love the most in this world! 

P. P. S. I'm gonna miss these faces!  Ohh the anxiety!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better I bought both motrin & tylenol today "just in case"...although Mike will have to call me to get instruction on use - even though it printed on the box!

    ReplyDelete

Followers