The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

An Inspiration To Me

I guess you could say that I am an easily inspired person.   

When I see someone with a good and kind heart it inspires me to work harder to be that way as well.

When I see someone working hard to achieve their goals despite their circumstances it inspires me to quit whining about my own inconveniences and do the same.

The purpose of this post was to write about one woman that has inspired me but I'm going to have to bend the rules a little and write about the WOMEN that inspire me. 

Cause that's me...it's just the way I am.  A rule bending, multi-inspired...rule bender.

So here we go...

My Mom


She has the most merciful heart of anyone I've ever known.  I've needed that example in my life and I think I am a more balanced person for it. She is also very nurturing with children.  Without her example of a mother's heart I'm not sure of the kind of mother I would be.

My Mother-in-Law


Her dedication to her faith has made a huge impact on my life.  And her strength as a wife and mother is unbelievable.  She once said to me...God gives me so many things everyday, every week…I feel I can give him at least an hour of my week and go to church on Sunday.  There have been many a Sunday morning that I have remembered that and picked myself up and gotten ready to go to church.  I will never forget it.

I could go on and on. 

From Mother Teresa who said...Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.

To Helen Keller who said...Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.

And even to a women I saw on Oprah one day.  Her name is Monica and after delivering her baby via c-section she contracted a flesh eating bacteria and had to have both arms and legs amputated.  Yet she fought to live and return home to her husband and two daughters so that she could be the best wife and mother to them that she could be.  Despite not having arms or legs.  And she did.

There are so many women whose stories, character, and overwhelming determination and love inspire me.  They inspire me to be a better person, wife, and mother daily. 

I am a work in progress but I feel that it is because of their shining examples that I am the woman I am today.

Inspired by many,
Megan

P.S.  This post is part of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

Mama's Losin' It

As well as the Back to Blogging event going on at SITS.  They...with their sponsors Standards of Excellence, Westar Kitchen and Bath, and Florida Builder Appliances are giving away an Electrolux washer and dryer set...of which I am not entered to win! 

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you credit both your mom and mother in law for being an inspiration to you. I'd bet it means the world to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joanna! I am so blessed to have the both of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers