The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Stage or a Vicious Attack on my Sanity

My child ate 12 cheerios and a teaspoon of ketchup for lunch today. 

I gave her the cheerios while I was heating up her food.  And the ketchup was to go along with her MEAL...the one she wouldn't eat.

So...when should I be expecting my mom of the year award? 

Okay so it was an all natural ketchup with no high fructose corn syrup in it.  That's good right?

And she did have a half a homemade hamburger and some peas on her plate.  Of course she wouldn't touch any of it but it was offered.  Just like I do at every meal.  Every meal that she barely touches.  But that's good right?

I'm not worried about her starving...I know she'll eat when she is hungry.  But she hasn't touched a vegetable in quite some time.  Although SOMETIMES...very, very, rarely...I can get her to eat some spaghetti that I have snuck some veggies into.  But a lot of the time she won't even eat that. 

She either picks up her plate and hands it back to me or starts to dump it on the floor.  Or she plays with it for awhile until Farm Boy and I are done eating and then begs for a banana.  The girl will eat fruit.  But is it healthy for her to only be eating fruit?

Or is this some horrible toddler stage that we are entering that is mainly designed to drive mothers into Crazyville? 

Cause that's pretty much what it seems like to me. 

Crazyville or Bust,
Megan

P.S.  Did your child go through this and what did you do??  PLEASE ...for the love of my sanity...tell me what you did to get through this!



 

7 comments:

  1. I am in my mid-20's and still don't really eat vegetables lol. i'm pretty healthy =) I don't remember eating many veggies growing up, I had to TRY them but since I didn't like them,I never finished. =) I took a big step last night and had some green beans lol. I'm not a mother so I can't help with what to do, but sounds like if me and your Q-tip were the same age, we'd get along great =) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley!

    Maybe I should just look into some vitamins for her. Farm Boy and I are such veggie eaters I guess I just don't know what to think about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents and little sis are big veggie eaters too. Somehow I didn't get that gene. =)
    ooo kids vitamins! I remember taking those =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think lots of kids go through phases of only eating weird or specific items. And I have multiple friends who did so who lived to become relatively normal adults.

    Have no fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repeat this mantra: I am a good mom and my child is healthy...I am a good mom and my child is healthy... Go get some of those nifty gummy-bear like vitamins to ease your mind and keep doing what you're doing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say keep doin' what you're doin'. You're completely right about the "she'll eat if she's hungry" thing. I say, keep trying to feed her stuff, and don't only give her what she wants, because she'll continue to be a picky eater, then. Once she gets older and understands more, maybe suggest that she has to TRY everything before she gets seconds on another item that she likes (never having to eat it all, but at least she tries it!)

    Just get some of those yummy vitamins like everybody else said and I'm sure she'll be a-okay! No worries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the advice y'all! I do feel better thank heavens. I'm going to get her some vitamins next time we go to the store.

    ReplyDelete

Followers