The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Trouble With Family Pictures

I'm sure that you are well aware by now that I have certain feelings about the importance of certain things that others may not feel so important.  Such as...finger prints on my new dishwasher or matching light switches. Tendencies that Farm Boy lovingly refers to as...OCD.  For those of you not familiar with this acronym...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I...of course say poppycock to those accusations. 

However...I will admit that there are certain things in life that are of the utmost importance and can not be done half heartedly.  One of them being...coordinated outfits for family pictures.

This tiny little thing causes me a tiny bit of anxiety.  Or a lot...it really depends on the day.

I have 25 days to gather up 3 coordinating...but not too matchy, matchy mind you...outfits to have our family pictures made. 

We haven't done this since...well...dare I admit...Q-Tip was a week old.  And here we are...what seems like yesterday.

(I see pictures of her when she was newborn and it almost takes my breath away.)

I opted for the classic black in these pictures because I wanted it to be all about her.  But this time...I know I don't want to do black but I am at a loss as to what I do want.  

Ohhh the choices!! 

And what really gets me riled is that I know 23 days is going to be gone in the blink of an eye and leave me scrambling to throw things together 2 days before.  

So therefore...this weekend I must shop! 

As much as it pains me...as much as I dread it...I must bite the bullet and shop my friends! 

I'm sure it won't be as horrific as I make it out to be...but shhh...don't tell Farm Boy!

P.S.  Here's a picture of Q-Tip and Farm Boy before church Sunday morning.  They coordinated very well!  Sadly...I don't have anything that matches their little ensemble and I'm not sure that I want to go with an Independence Day theme.  So...to the mall we go!


4 comments:

  1. What about white shirts, denim jeans (or denim skirt for Q?) and bare feet with a cute pedicure on the girls that matches a bow in Q's hair? That always look good and yet casual... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's just adorable :) I happened upon your blog and all I can say is - you didn't have to spell out what OCD means to me

    'nuff said

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, if only I had good taste, or really any taste, I would offer a suggestion! Instead I'll just wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't panic or feel that OCD is overwhelming you - learn EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques, otherwise known as tapping. You will have a lot less to write about, but be happier and much calmer.

    ReplyDelete

Followers