The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So That You Can Fully Understand Me

I was really hoping I would have heard from the doctor by now with the results of Q-Tip's blood tests this morning.  I'm sorry I haven't and have no news to share. 

So...because I have nothing to share on that subject and anything else seems trivial...I have to share this song with you.  Mainly because it is sooo me.  And its sooo some of my friends.  You know who you are...not mentioning any names...Pam. 

I'll spare others the name mentioning...not that I mentioned any.

Once again I will direct your attention to Miranda Lambert folks.  She's a gem.  A gem I tell you...a bright shiny spot in the midst of anxiety and drama...and so is her music!  She had a hand in writing this one along with Travis Howard and Ashley Monroe.  So without further ado...and because I love it...because it's totally me and there isn't much more to add to that...here ya go!

Heart Like Mine
Miranda Lambert / Travis Howard / Ashley Monroe

I ain’t the kind you take home to mama
I ain’t the kind to wear no ring
Somehow I always get stronger
When I’m on my second drink

Even though I hate to admit it
Sometimes I smoke cigarettes
Christian folks say I should quit it
I just smile and say “God bless”

'Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
And I bet we’d get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet He’d understand a heart like mine

Daddy cried when he saw my tattoo
Said he’d love me anyway
My brother got the brains of the family
So I thought I’d learn to sing

‘Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
And I bet we’d get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet He’d understand a heart like mine

I’ll fly away
From it all one day
I’ll fly away

These are the days that I will remember
When my name’s called on the roll
He’ll meet me with two long-stemmed glasses
Make a toast to me coming home

‘Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine
And I bet we’d get along just fine
He could calm a storm and heal the blind
And I bet He’d understand a heart like mine

Oh, yes He would

Ahhh...I just love it.

Dad if you're reading this...don't read the next paragraph.  LOVE YOU!

For the record...I do not have a tattoo at this time.  Although I retain my right to get one when/if I feel it necessary.  But shhhh...don't tell my dad!

Okay dad...you can continue on. 

Now...if your tired of the music sharing...tuff.  I love it and I need to share it!  And it's my blog and I can do that. 

Seriously though...music is a big part of my life as I have mentioned before.  And sometimes when things seem the craziest and I am in a dark alley in Crazyville...some good music is all I need to help me catch a train outta there! 

Here's a pic of me and Pam in Nashville, Tennessee Music City USA. 


Me, Pam, and another friend of ours Anna went for Fan Fair one year and dare I say...we had more fun than I fear is legal.  It was a LARGE weekend and I shall never forget it but pray forevermore to re-live it!


3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about wanting to share music - so often I'm like, this song! makes me happy! I want my post to be this song's happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right...you need to go have some fun and forget about life for awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...this is probably one of my most favorite Miranda Lambert songs. It is also sooo me (and I do have a tattoo or four). When I hear this song, I can't help but sing along. I'm trying to learn to play it on the guitar, but it's a bit tricky for a novice like me (not that we've EVER needed musical accompaniment to sing our lungs out).

    So, yes dear Megan of Crazyville and dear Megan of best of fates...this song makes me happy and I hope others listen to it and get the same joy...as much joy as three friends in Nashville, TN, Music City, USA can have in one LARGE weekend!

    LYMI

    ReplyDelete

Followers