The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Most Recent Trip To Crazyville

As I stated yesterday...I've been in Crazyville for a few days.  I am doing much better today but still a little on edge.  Probably due to the fact that I have a million things to do in the next 7 days.  But...I thought I would share with you what helped me endure this most recent trip to the dark alleys of Crazyville.

I pretended I was vampire.

Just kidding...but not really.

Twilight people...it was Twilight.  Well...I guess you could say it was the first 3 books in the saga.  Yes...all 3.

My friend Amanda and I had a nice little chat on Skype last week and while we talked about the recent events I could see the worry in her eyes.  And then she asked...have you read Twilight yet?  I told her no...I had been holding off because I knew I would become obsessed. 

Y'all...I have absolutely no defenses when it comes to a good love story.  I might as well be there right in the midst of it breathing the same fictional air as the fictional people in the fictional story.  It can be quite ridiculous at times and Farm Boy gives me 9 kinds of hell about it.  And I knew...as much as everyone raved about the books...he would never let me live it down as I sat crying over which one Bella would choose...Edward or Jacob.

But she said...YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THESE BOOKS.  Everyone woman needs a little Cullen in her life. 

And I thought to myself...self...maybe it is just the distraction you need at the moment...but didn't go much further with it.  We happened to be going to Sam's the next day and there it was...for $7.04.  How could I resist $7.04?  I couldn't...I threw it in the cart.  Farm Boy rolled his eyes of course.  I didn't care...much.

I took it home and resisted it a few more days until Farm Boy and I sat watching TV one evening after Q-Tip had gone to bed.  There wasn't much on...so I picked it up.  And...2 days later...I was at the library checking out New Moon.  And...2 days after that...I was at the library looking for Eclipse.  And THAT'S when I almost hyperventilated right there in the middle of the stinkin library. 

THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT!!

So like the Twilight crack head that I had become...I drove to K-Mart...it's the closest store to the library...and bought Eclipse for $9.87.  And...3 days later...which brings us to this morning...I sat crying...picturing Jacob running away into the forest on two legs and then leaping beyond the tree line and landing on all four paws as a wolf...heart broken.

Shhh...don't tell Farm Boy I was crying...the teasing will never cease.

So...like the planner I am...I called the library this morning to have them put my name on Breaking Dawn so no one would steal it away until I got there.  They were out.  Terror came across my face.  I asked them if any of the other branches in our county had it.  They didn't.  Panic...started to run through my veins.  And at that very moment...I was never so glad I had called ahead of time so that I could hyperventilate at home in privacy.

She told me between all the branches they had several copies and no one was on the waiting list so it shouldn't take long to get one in and to the branch close to my house.  She either understands my plight or could sense the urgency in my voice.  I'm thankful either way.

So...until I get my hands on a copy of Breaking Dawn...I'll be in the dark...wondering.

What happens to Jacob?  Does he ever get over Bella and find his mate?

Does Bella go through with the wedding?  Does she turn into a vampire?  I heard she has a baby...how the heck does THAT work since Edward is a vampire?  Does she ever see her family again? 

Does the Vultori come back for Bella?

I'm not sure I can bear the torment!! 

Waiting in Agony,
Megan

P.S.  No...I can't go buy Breaking Dawn.  It's not out in paper back yet and my copies of Twilight and Eclipse are paper back.  Then the set wouldn't match.  And if I bought all of them in hardback what would I do with my two paper backs?  I would have to give them away or sell them.  And who wants only two books in the series?  Even for free.  Probably no one.  It's a torturous predicament I tell you!

P.P.S  I'm a little concerned that I will never be able to read another series of books again with the same urgency or passion for reading.  I love Twilight!!  But has it ruined me for reading?  Or will I simply have to read them over and over and over again for the rest of my days?  Maybe I should invest in the hardbacks.

6 comments:

  1. I am as obsessed as you! I am in the middle of "Breaking Dawn!" I borrowed them all from my sister and have not been able to put them down. SO much happens in the last book. I don't know what to do when the series is over...read again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, I have had a hard time finding a REALLY good book since the Twilight Saga.

    I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen...I've already thought of the what to do part and I decided I'm reading them again. lol... Which makes me feel like I sound crazy. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought...OMG, what am I going to do? lol... I'll tell you a secret...I decided tonight if there is nothing on TV and since I don't have Breaking Dawn yet...I'm going to start Twilight again! Farm Boy's gonna have a fit! lol...

    Heather...DON'T TELL ME THAT...I CAN'T TAKE IT!! I guess it's a good thing I haven't read Harry Potter yet. Guess I could start those. I've heard they are really good too.

    I'm such a sucker!! But oh well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. U should read the second short life of Bree tanner... It's a story from eclipse and will occupy u for a bit... And I can't read anything else since... I'm on my second round thru and on eclipse... Love u! I'm team Jacob! How abt u? ~love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Valerie!! I was checking that out at the bookstore the other night. I might go by the library tomorrow and see if they have it. It was so sad that she got killed like she did.

    I can't pick a team!! There are so many reasons to be on both!! lol...

    Love you too!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't pick a team either...too many good things about each fella.

    Fella? Where did that come from? Did I suddenly turn into a 1950's gal? Gal? OMG...I think I need to go to bed, my vocabulary is starting to suffer.

    ReplyDelete

Followers