The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, July 12, 2010

How It Came To Be...My Farmer Boy and Me - Part 2

Continued from here....

I couldn't help but be a bit flabbergasted that he had actually called.

Could it be? A nice guy? For real?

And as miracles never cease...he called again a couple days later and asked me out on a date. A real date...dinner and a movie.

Dinner...Olive Garden. The movie...Signs!

FYI...it's a perfect first date movie. There is plenty of opportunity to jump into your dates lap for protection…which is what I did…even though at the time it was completely unintentional. I was scared to death. I just knew a big, green alien was under my seat just waiting for the chance to grab my ankles, pull me under, and start making me inhale its poisonous smoke! And I…by golley was not gonna fall for that trick! So...practically...in his lap I went!

After the movie he took me home. I didn’t want the night to end. It seemed as though I felt more comfortable being me with him than I ever had in my life. I couldn’t understand how that could be…I barely knew him. As we were saying goodbye…he kissed me and it was unlike any kiss I ever had. It was slow, but strong…powerful, but gentle…and he was as sure of himself as anyone I had ever known. And then away he went...back to the farm.

Over the next few weeks there seemed to be a tiny bit of a pattern to his calls. If I remember correctly it went something like this...

Call
No Call
No Call
Call
No Call
No Call
Call

This went on for a couple of weeks. Then it went to something like this...

Call
No Call
Call
No Call
Call

And then after about a week of that it went to something like this...

Call
Call
Call
Call
Call

And through those phone calls…he became my best friend, my hero, my Farmer Boy.

He was still going to college at Oklahoma State in Stillwater and I was working in Oklahoma City at the time. We were about an hour apart so we mainly only saw each other on the weekends. But we had more fun on those weekends in Stillwater than any two people should ever be allowed! We quickly discovered that we had lots in common and that one of our favorite things in life was music. Of the live nature mostly. We were at a concert almost every weekend.

But the best part of the whole thing was...my friends quickly became his friends. And his friends quickly became mine. We all hung out together and as a result there were many memories made. Maybe one day I'll get in to some of those stories...but the names will be changed to protect the innocent of course.

Our lives went on together one fun weekend after another until he graduated and was offered a job.

A job in North Carolina...

To Be Continued...

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to hear the end! Do you marry him and have a baby?? :)

    That scary alien was Mel Gibson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented yesterday from my BB, but I think it got lost as things always do on BB.

    I loved this story and can't wait to hear the end...I have a hunch you get married, have a baby, and start a blog.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers