The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

There's No Turning Back Now

It's not much of a secret that I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a couple of weeks ago.

I've missed a day or two here and there.  I figured out after about a week of doing it that I needed to do it earlier in the day.  Turns out 8 PM isn't the smartest time to do it unless you don't mind being up until 1 or 2 AM.  I however have a Q-Tip to get up with in the morning and chase all day.  Not such a good idea. 

Aside from the fact that I feel like I'm dying after I finish and the fact that I am CERTAIN my entire body is giving me the finger every morning when I wake up...I've felt pretty good.  Or maybe it's just that I have felt better mentally.  Who knows...who cares?!  I've felt better and that's what counts. 

Apparently all of this "feeling better" has caused a complete revolution inside my soul.  Or maybe it's the sound of Jillian Michael's voice screaming in my ear telling me not to give her any crappy excuses.

Whatever the case...It is official y'all...I am stepping WAY outside my comfort zone now. 

Oprah & Jillian would be so pleased.

But more importantly...my waistline will be so pleased.  Or I will be pleased with my waistline...whatever.

Q-Tip and I joined a gym today.  Yes, yes...pick your jaws up off the floor people.  We did it!

Q-Tip is going to take swimming lessons and play in the childcare center with all her new friends.  I on the other hand am going to exercise my ass off...quite literally.

And in all seriousness...this is my motivation.


The truth is I want so much more for her in life than to be faced with the kinds of feelings I have about my body. 

I don't want her to feel the need to wear a t-shirt to the pool at 12 years old.  I don't want her to always worry about her pudgy belly or chubby legs as a teenager.  I don't want her to be physically miserable during pregnancy.  And I don't want her to be completely exhausted from taking her child to one little gym class once a week.

I want her to feel good about herself and her body.  I want her to want to go and do and be active.  I want her to be healthy and physically fit. 

And I know the only way for those things to happen is for me to make a change in my life.  I can't make sure she is eating healthy all the time and sit right beside her eating crap.  That isn't going to work.  And I can't take her to a gym class once a week and then come home and sit on my hiney.  That isn't going to work either. 

I can't be a mom blob and expect different for her when she is a mom.

I need to change.  I want to change.  But more importantly...I have to change.  Not just for me...but for her.


I have never felt more motivated in all my life.  And I know that she is 99.8% of the driving force behind it.  And the other .2%...well .1 is simply because I am sick of feeling like I feel and the other .1 is because...Farm Boy and I are taking a little trip to a very tropical place before the end of the year.

I'll share more on that later.

This post is about her...my little Q-Tip.  And a little about me but mostly her. 

She is my motivation here.  She is what is causing me to get off my hiney and quit making excuses and thinking up reasons why not to do it NOW. 

So...from here on out if you can't reach me on the phone or by email...I'm at the gym.  Look for me there.

I'll be the one with the red face, panting, grunting and groaning on the elliptical.

More thank likely I'll think I'm dying...just pass me a water bottle and tell me that Jillian is around the corner and she's comin for ME!

7 comments:

  1. Go for it!!!! This is a very motivating post... I really need something to motivate me to get my tukkus off the couch, too!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for you! I'm sooo proud! woo! woo! woo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather! I need it...and I'm glad it is motivating. I need motivation myself...DAILY!! :-)

    Pam...thanks my friend. I'm kinda sorta proud of me too. I'll be even prouder when my hiney shrinks away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! It is tough but after awhile you just get used to going to the gym and sweating infront of a million people. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanna know a secret?

    I bought Jillian's 30 day shred, and then put it on the counter in my bathroom to remind myself to do it the next day.

    That was 2 weeks ago.

    It's still there.

    It's shameful. But good for you - which such great motivation I know you'll succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!!! You will do great.

    She is surely a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!! Good for you!! I've not had my Little Man yet, but I've made those same decisions for myself here lately. You know, Lead by Example, and such. I wish the best for you and your Q-tip. If we lived closer (we're in Kentucky) I'd say I'd see you at the gym, but alas, I'm all alone :-(. Oh well, at least I've got my ipod!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers