The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Favorite Things - My James Avery Jewelry

Because I'm certain you will thoroughly enjoy hearing about some of my favorite things...I'm going to start telling you about them. 

The first group that I am sharing with you today are gifts that Farm Boy has given me over the past 5 years. 

First up...my wedding ring. 


Now I love diamonds as much as any girl and I really love things to be blingy.  But it's kind of a funny thing...I didn't really want a blingy wedding ring.  My engagement ring is a princess cut diamond that Farm Boy picked out all by himself...with not much direction from me.  He did AWESOME!  But he let me pick out my wedding ring and I knew that this was the one I wanted.

It is a James Avery ring.  If you are unfamiliar with James Avery you can check it out here

It is called the Scripture of Ruth Band.  It has a scripture from the Bible written in Hebrew all the way around.  It is Ruth 1:16, "Whither thou goest, I will follow". 

I felt that scripture was fitting in many ways.  Farm Boy was moving us out of our home state away from everyone we have ever known.  And as scary as that was...I felt very safe and at peace with our decision.  I also felt it was fitting because I knew that God had brought Farm Boy into my life and therefore I also knew I was following Him and His plan for me.

The next thing on my favorites list for today is this...


Farm Boy got a pendant like this one for me for our anniversary one year with our wedding date engraved on it.  It is also from James Avery.  I wear it 24/7 and only take it off every now and then to wear an outfit related necklace.  I'm sure you understand.

One more thing for today.


Another gift from my Farm Boy.  He gave this charm bracelet to me the day our little Q-Tip was born.  It was so sweet and wonderful.  I think he was a little teary...I was bawling...even my nurse teared up a little.  And it has become another one of my staple pieces.  I wear it everywhere I go.  I need to have Q-Tip's birth date engraved on the solid silver heart...I keep procrastinating.  There isn't a James Avery store anywhere close to us right now.  I guess I could leave it when we go back to Oklahoma for a visit and have it shipped to me...but I don't know if I want to be away from it that long. 

That is all for today.  If you are in to jewelry...check out James Avery.  And if you aren't in to Silver...they have gold stuff too. 

P.S. Today is June 29th...Q-Tip is 20 months old today.  She's almost 2 people...I'm not sure I can bear it!! 

AND...James Avery doesn't know who the heck I am and he's not paying me to love his jewelry...although he should be!!


1 comment:

  1. I too looooove me some James Avery! I have this silver twisted, knotted, tattoo-looking ring that I wear a lot. It was pretty inexpensive, but so "me"...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers