The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm Not Convinced We Are Beach People

The thought of going to the beach is appealing right...with the soft sand and the sound of the waves crashing and the warm sun.


But you know how there are people that prefer skiing in the mountains or relaxing on the beach or riding ATV's in the dessert or in the woods...


Well...I have now come to question if we are beach people.


I won't completely say that we are not.  I have only been to the beaches in North Carolina.  I've never been to a west coast beach or a gulf coast beach.  So until I do...I will not commit to my decision either way. 

 
However I will say...the Atlantic is freakin cold.  And I can't see to the bottom even in shallow water.  And the sand isn't exactly soft like I imagine it to be.  And walking a mile toting all our beach stuff past all the dunes in the sand to get to the water...isn't appealing to any of us. 

I don't know why but I LOVE this picture. 
So Scarlett O'Hara don't ya think?
Ohhh...woe is me...the sand it sticking
to my toes and I don't like it...ohhh.

Now if I could walk out my beach house and have it right there...out the back door...and the water be a little warmer...and clearer...that might be different.  And we do love the atmosphere at the beach and we love the sun and the cute clothes and the beach hats.  So I'm not sure it would take a whole lot more to convince me we are beach people.


But...Q-Tip wasn't digging the sand much.  She wanted it off her feet.  And she wasn't digging the 20 degree water temp either.  Okay so it was really like 70...but she still wasn't impressed.

I have no idea how my camera did this but I wish I knew.

So her first trip to the beach wasn't really something to write home about I don't think.  She didn't last long.

But I got some pretty cute pictures I think.  One more...


And due to the water temp...and her not liking the sand all that much...that was our only trip to the beach the whole time we were there. 

We'll have to try again when she is a little older.

Ta Ta

5 comments:

  1. The Pacific is an ice-cube, too - you're not missing much. The Gulf is divinely warm-ish and has beautiful, soft white-sand beaches. I miss them every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog! I'm a new author and have enjoyed this new experience. I find that it's the most difficult and most rewarding. I'm also a graphic designer and love having that creative outlet as well.
    Thanks for your post! I will be back for more updates. :-)

    Melissa Nielsen
    frommysomewhatseriousmind.blogspot.com
    www.printhis.biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little pictures of my Blondie, Love you Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennie...I've heard the gulf is much better. I'm sure under better circumstances though. :-( I'm sure someday we'll make a trip down there. Or live there...one of the two. :-)

    Melissa...Thanks! I enjoy writing myself. Much more than I ever thought I would. Maybe someday I'll get good at it. lol... I'm gonna go check out your blog!

    Thanks dad! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are AHmazing - at the very least, they make that trip completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers