The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, June 14, 2010

I Blame The Orange Juice

I just went back and looked at my previous post and it has got to be the lamest post ever.  I totally blame the orange juice I spilled all over myself, the floor, and the kitchen cabinets first thing this morning.  It wasn't pretty.

Of course it could be the third degree burn I sustained when I pulled a bowl of boiling water out of the microwave a little too...aggressively.  Which directly followed the orange juice spill.  That in many ways resembled the oil spill in the gulf.  It was ginormous...and a ridiculous mess that just nearly sent me over the edge.

I'm not a morning person...like at all.

So...considering my North Carolina Aquarium post was completely lame...I'm going to throw a few more pictures from our vacation at ya.  They are all sorts of random so beware....

1.  First and foremost...Farm Boy found these at the Food Lion out there.  I'm not sure if this is just something that the nearest Food Lion to Waves, North Carolina sales or if they all do.  But...they were good.  Surprisingly good!


2. These are some lovely fish that adorned the walls of our beach house.  They almost came home with us due to the fact that we were a little disgruntled over the lack of air conditioning for 2 1/2 days and no microwave all week.


3. This is a picture of the view from our deck...looking towards the sound.  For those that don't know what a sound is...I didn't either...it's the body of water between the outer banks and the rest of the state of North Carolina.  It was pretty...and gave us a beautiful view of the sunset.


4. This my dear friends is a picture of our pool.  Whose temperature hovered somewhere around 70 degrees.  Which might as well have been 20 for all I care...



5. This is a picture of Q-Tip and I getting ready to go to the Aquarium.  We were waiting on Farm Boy to finish getting ready.  He would never admit to that though so don't ask.  He would probably say that he had been waiting for me to finish getting ready before he could get ready.  To that I say...pashaw.  Q-Tip was mad because I wouldn't let her look at pictures of herself on the camera. And for some reason my frosty eye shadow looks extra frosty...I'm not sure how I feel about that.

6. This is a picture of one of the bridges out there that connects the islands.  The Chesapeake Bay Bridge dwarfs it.  But for some reason I have a fascination with taking pictures of bridges over bodies of water.  Maybe it's because there aren't so many of those in Oklahoma...who knows. 
 

7. And last but not least.  Have you ever seen the movie The Birds?  Cause I have.  And I could not help but see my life flash before my eyes as we sat in the car waiting for our cokes...and by coke you know I mean Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper...to arrive at Sonic.  Yes...my dear friends I got to go to Sonic...it was more than wonderful.  Anyway...so we were waiting for our cokes to arrive and my life flashed before my eyes because of this....


I'm sure you can't see the devilish look in his eyes as he inched his way closer and closer.  He was after my eyeballs...I'm sure of it!


4 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong blaming citrus.

    Took me years to learn that lesson.

    p.s.~ I love your eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Citrus be damned in this house...for at least 2 days!

    Thanks Megan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate, hate, HATE days that start out like that...makes me just want to cry...literally...cry...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam...I almost did. If my little babysittee wasn't here I would have. It was freakin horrible.

    ReplyDelete

Followers