The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Swing

This is one of my mom's favorite poems.
She used to say it to me.

Now she says it to Q-Tip.
And I love watching and listening.

The Swing

How do you like to go up in a swing,
Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!


Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--


Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!

~Robert Louis Stevenson~



2 comments:

  1. If I had heard that poem before, I didn't remember. Love this, and the smile, says it all. ~K

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to say it to me all the time. I loved it! So neat to see her say it to my little girl now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers