The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Q-Tip the Collector

My child is a collector.  Of what you say...ANYTHING I tell you!  Anything! 

Anything she can pick up and hold in her hand...she collects...and keeps as her very own. Forever and ever.  Or at least until I pry it out of her fat little fingers and get rid of it. 

Case in point...

A few days ago we went out onto the balcony to blow some bubbles.  It was a sunny day but still rather chilly.  It was one of the first days we had really spent much time out there. 


We were just hangin out...blowin bubbles...and Q-Tip spotted some leaves that had blown off the trees in the fall. 


Well that was all it took.  She started collecting them.  Poor little thing couldn't hold all the leaves in just two hands..and I could tell it troubled her.

So...I got her a little bowl to put them in.  And then the heavens opened up and the angels cried out!  The child was in pure bliss! 


And there was no stopping her!  She was on a mission...a very, very important mission!


There was no stopping her until every last leaf was picked up.  Even the ones stuck down in the cracks.  Every single one people!

Me: Would you like some milk or a snack Q-Tip?

Q-Tip:
This is a critical situation!  We aren't playing games. 
There is no time for such nonsense!

Me: Okay, okay!  Whew... 

Only when all the leaves were picked up could we continue on with our bubble blowing.  And that was only after she dumped her bowl out and picked them back up a few times. 

I'm praying this will last her entire life and she will clean her room on her own.  Wouldn't that awesome?!


Don't worry...I'm not betting the farm on it.

But...I'm not above resorting to torture. 

Just kidding...but not really.

Ta Ta

P.S.  I will be taking this lovely Easter weekend off.  But...I'm sure I will have many, many things to tell you when I come back!  Easter blessings to everyone!


3 comments:

  1. No,she will not grow up to be a hoarder. Repeat.
    No,she will not grow up to be a hoarder.
    Repeat.
    No,she will not grow up to be a hoarder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Repeat.
    Thank you. Repeat.
    Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW! I think I may have said this before...you little miss "Q-tip" is adorable!!!! (Yep, I went back to my previous comment to confirm that I said that!...and please excuse my miss-typed words on your K post comments that I left! Goodness gracious! I am claiming that was due to my fast typing, albeit inaccurate typing skills! Actually, I really am trying to get to all the K posts, so find myself going too fast and not proofing my comments before I hit the Post Comment button!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (thank you for stopping by :o) Come back any time!)

    ReplyDelete

Followers