The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh Crap!

Before telling you the events over supper a couple nights ago I must first mention that Farm Boy and I have discussed the need to put P.O. Priscilla in the brig and banish his little mouthy goblin to the underworld...if you know what I mean.  I talked about all of that here and we've been doing better...we've been working on it. 

However...instead of just completely wiping any sort of negative language from our vocabulary we have apparently substituted some words for other words.  Not really purposely.  But hey...when you need to say the s-h-i word you need to say it right?  So you say...crap for instance.

A couple of nights ago Farm Boy, Q-Tip and myself were eating supper.  Farm Boy and I were discussing the day's events and somewhere in the conversation Farm Boy lets out an Oh Crap.  We continued the conversation and all of a sudden...Farm Boy gets this look on his face.  This look of...I'm no longer hearing a word you are saying because I'm hearing something else...look.  So I stop and listen. 

And much to my horror I start hearing...oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap....over and over and over again.

Farm Boy and stare at each other for about a minute.  Halfway horrified halfway fighting back a giggle.

But all I can think about...over the shock of my 17 mo old saying oh crap is...Thank God it wasn't me!!  WHEW!! 

It's not my fault...I can't be blamed...he would NEVER let me hear the end of it if it had been me!

Now I realize that crap isn't an appalling word.  Nothing like the s-h-i word that I once used so freely.  But I'm not really sure it's something I want to hear my 17 mo old saying.  Ya know?  It's just not. 

So...looks like Farm Boy and I are going to have to work a little harder at banishing the dirty words around here.  Even the craps, darns, and dang its. 

And do you wanna know what I say to that? 

Hells bells.

Mama's Losin' It

8 comments:

  1. Hey! I loved seeing you visit.

    And I love your blog.

    You are a natural at this, and I love your posts.

    I know what you mean, the other day I served dinner, and my little guy took one look at it, and said, "what the hell is this?"

    You don't wanna laugh, but still. pretty stinkin funny.

    Good to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ending. Hells bells. Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my new phrase...instead of "shut the....... up", I say "shut the front door!". As in...

    Megan: "I just got this new cell phone and it was buy one get one free, can you believe that?"
    Pam: "Shut the front door...no way!"

    See how easy that is? And it fits most any occasion AND no words that can thought of as something P.O. Priscilla vocab. Try it! This phrase is my gift to you :-)

    LYMI
    pam-tastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Empress...Thanks SO much!! Yes I think I may die a thousand deaths when my sweet little innocent says a REALLY dirty word. Although I know one day it will happen. Lord help me when it does! :-)

    Paige...Thanks...I love hells bells. Although I need to un-love it...in a BAD way! :-)

    Pam-tastic...That is freakin awesome! Love, love, love it! Thank you for this gift...I will cherish it forever! LYMI... Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Megan: Please stop over when you have a chance, I have something for you, to let you know how cool I think your blogging is. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! This looks to be a popular topic, so you're not alone. In our home I say things like "sugar snaps", "holy schmackolee", "sugar snaparoni". lol My 1-year old is going to have some interesting things to say when it gets to that point. lol
    I'd love for you to stop by and take a look at my Writer's Workshop post when you get a chance. Have a great day! Hope to see you soon.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristi...Sugar Snaps...I'm lovin that one! On my way to visit you....NOW!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we finally cleaned our language up when our son was that age. There's nothing like picking your child up at the Toddler room at church and having to listen to the Sunday School teacher tell you all about the bad words your kid was saying!

    ReplyDelete

Followers