The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Favorite For Today...

I'm on a Charlie Robison kick.  I LOVE his new CD.  It's called Beautiful Day.  You can check it out here.

So if you didn't know...Charlie Robison was married to Emily Erwin.  As in the Dixie Chick Emily Erwin.  They are now divorced and this CD is full of songs about her and the break-up.  There are 10 songs on the CD and he wrote 6 of them.  Kind of suprises me that he didn't write all of them but you would never know it really.  This song...Down Again...is written by Keith Gattis.  I don't really know anything about Keith but I do know...he must have been channeling Charlie when he wrote it.

So here ya go...Down Again.

Down Again
Written by Keith Gattis

Well here I go back down again
The vicious circle never ends
I'm up I'm down I'm up and then
Well here I go back down again

Seems like all I do is wrong
But you stood by me for so long
Nothing's changed except you're gone
Well seems like all I do is wrong

(chorus)
Well here I go back down again
The vicious circle never ends
I'm up I'm down I'm up and then
Well here I go back down again

Well some folks say I drink too much
I guess I could lay off the stuff
But when I'm low it picks me up
But could be I just think too much

Well here I go back down again
The vicious circle never ends
I'm up I'm down I'm up and then
Well here I go back down again

Well you show up in all my songs
I guess your memory is just that strong
Just when I think you're finally gone
Well you show up in all my songs

Well here I go back down again
The vicious circle never ends
I'm up I'm down I'm up and then
Well here I go back down again

I'm up I'm down I'm up and then
Well here I go back down again
Well here I go back down again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers