The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

K is for Kite

This past weekend in our Nation's capital...I love saying that...our Nation's Capital.  It sounds so...important.  Our Nation's Capital.  Sorry...

This past weekend in our Nation's capital there were two events going on at the same time.  I have already told you all about the beautiful Cherry Blossoms.  But we also saw some really cool kites at the Smithsonian Kite Festival. 

Q-Tip with her love for all things nature REALLY liked these two.

A frog, reebit, frog, frog, reebit.

And a bu-fly...bu-fly...bu-fly.

She loved it!  Running here and there...
looking at all the colorful kites flying everywhere.

There were kites from the Capital to
the Washington Monument and beyond.
And this was before noon. 
There were many more that afternoon.

I really liked this one.

For some reason it really made me think about a few things.  Like the freedoms we have in this country and how we sometimes take them for granted.  Or how sometimes they are abused.

We really had a great time and we all loved seeing the kites!

And now I feel I have found my destiny.  My purpose in this world. 

I am going to be the worlds best kite flyer! 

What do you think? 

I think I could be great at it.  And do all the crazy tricks and win trophies.  Do they give out trophies for kite flying?  Surely they do!  They must!  I want one! 

I want a kite!

Ta Ta


Jenny Matlock

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I love kites. Especially on the beach, staking out your spot -- with a good steady wind, they will stay up all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun K post, enjoy your new kite :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kite festival looks fun! And the cherry blossoms are amazing! You little one is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love kites! Was looking at one the other day and thinking of getting it as a gift for a boy I know. Great K post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute "K" post. I used to fly kites when I was a child growing up in IL. Not many chances to fly kites in sunny Arizona!
    Thanks for the comment and have a wonderful Easter.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! I ought to get a kite and fly it here. Heaven knows there is enough wind! I love the frog, the dangly legs just make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kites, I always break into song.."lets go fly a kite, up to the highest height, lets go fly a kite and send it soaring" thanks now that is stuck in my head! Great post, adorable baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the compliments y'all!

    I am in love with kites now too. I flew them when I was a kid growing up in Oklahoma but haven't in forever. I'm gonna find one now and fly it...I'm on a mission! :-)

    Christy...For mother's day this last year we bought my mom some time in a recording studio so she could make a CD for Q-Tip and my niece singing all her favorite kid songs. That song is one of them. I absolutely love it!

    Blessings to you all this Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Yes! Go for it! Iknow it is in your to become a kite flying champion.

    And just to help out with the cause I am totally willing to babysit Q-tip.

    My Grands will adore her, my weiner dog will protect her, my husband will roll his eyes at me...and I will be happy, happy, happy!

    Absolutely fun K post!

    Thank for your warming my heart on this journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "K"!

    A+

    And a big squeeze for Q-tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jenny!

    I will give her an extra squeeze for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my friends actually keeps a kite in the trunk of her car ... i asked why ... cuz you never know when you wanna fly a kite she says ... i wanna kite too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All those kites look beautiful. I would love to go to Washington sometime and see the cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Neat post and you have such a cutey-pie daughter. I thought about using the word kite after I had already finished my post, because kites originated where I live and people still love to fly them. It looks like a really fun day. The image in front of the Washington Memorial is lovely. Makes me a little homesick. I'm off to check out the cherry blossoms....

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...just plain fun and what a place to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your friend has a great idea Jo! She sounds like a fun one too! :-)

    Thanks Steph! Sorry to make you homesick...I know the feeling.

    It was lots of fun Nadeen!

    Thank y'all for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love kites too :o) And your little miss "Q-tip" is adorable!

    Love your K post! Hm...just curious...I noticed you header that sates you love...Oklahoma... Is this home? We lived in Tulsa for 2 years.

    So fun getting to know a bit about you through your post...your aspirations of being a champion, trophy-winning, kite flyer :o)
    fun, fun, fun!

    Blessings & Aloha!
    I am still trying to get around to all the fun K posts...before it is already time for L posts! I'd love it if you get a chance to stop by my place ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Followers