The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hells Bells

Hells bells...

Yea your heard me...HELLS BELLS!

So we had this trip to the mall all planned out.  I was going to do some MUCH needed summer shopping.  For ME.

So I get up...get my hair all washed...start putting on my make-up and Q-Tip wakes up.  So I go in to her room...she says good morning.  I pick her up and she felt warm.

-->PAUSE<--

Okay so you know that feeling you get when you THINK something might be wrong but you're like no, no....it can't be.  That little sinking feeling inside.  But...you fight if off and say no...everything is fine.  There is no...you don't want to even say the word...fever.

Yea...that's what happened to me at 8 AM this morning.

-->PLAY<--

So I un-zip her jammies and her tummy felt warm too.

That's when I said...well I thought...hells bells.

So...no mall for me today.  It is what it is...although it sucks.  But there is no way I could drag her around the mall knowing she didn't feel good.  I would be 9 kinds of pissed off if someone did that to me.  So I won't.

However, I am rather excited because I think...pending no serious illness for Q-Tip...that Farm Boy and I are going to go to a friend's house in Virginia and stay all night!  With no Q-Tip. 

It's never been done.  I've never been away from her all night. 

Yes I'm a teeny bit nervous but really...I'm excited.  As you can tell...I'm not really the type of mom that can't be away from her child.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  No it's not the easiest thing in the world.  And I'm not sure I could be away from her for very long at this point.

But really...how can you miss someone if you never leave?

P.S.  Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you to! I hope you submit your hilarious post on your son's "potty mouth" to LOL. That is a great one.

    Come on! Wouldn't it be fun to be featured over there? You know you want to...
    Have a great weekend, sweetie...thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my parents never left me until i was FOUR! and i managed alright, apparently i didn't even miss him. that said though, i value the time my parents spent with me growing up so much :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont go away from my children very often. BUT, next week I'm leaving my 4 year old ( and the older girls) for 2 nights and 3 days to go to Houston with DH for business. It will be the LONGEST I've ever left her.

    NErvous!

    I think it's only the 2nd time I've left her overnight.

    ReplyDelete

Followers