The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Baskets and Non-Compliant Q-Tips

I pray you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!  We did.

Well mostly.  Except for the whole...trying to get a decent picture of Q-Tip thing.  I swear the child deliberately acts like a little goblin on special occasions.  You know...when you would like to get a really good picture to look back on the wonderful memory that the day was.  HA.

I'm left wondering if she does this just to see where my breaking point is.  But...that is another post for another day! 

Today my friends...today we do pictures!

I fear all I really have to show you are...yet again...shining examples of non-compliance.

Isn't this lovely?

And how bout this one?
Ahhh...be still my heart. 
NOT!

We did manage this one...not to bad.

I captured this on film.

And for that I will be forever grateful!

I LOVE CURLS! 

But especially Q-Tip curls! 

And now for the Easter basket.

We opted for the non-candy approach and went with a two-pack Veggie Tales DVD set, a Baby Einstein movie, a new book...WITH FLAPS, and some farm animal Easter eggs.

Q-Tip loves her Baby Einstein. 
It is our after breakfast ritual.
Unless we have places to go and people to see.

Q-Tip hasn't really gotten in to the Veggie Tales yet.  She will watch for a little while but hasn't finished a whole movie.  But I love the Veggie Tales.  They have great stories from the Bible and wonderful lessons about friendship, sharing, courage, etc.  And I love that Sam's Club had two-pack Veggie Tales movies for $12.96. 

We got An Easter Carol...

And the story of Esther, The Girl Who Became Queen.

But if you asked Q-Tip what her favorite thing was...
even over the Baby Einstein movie she would say...

Q-Tip LOVES...I mean LOVES...
L-O-V-E-S books!

But what she REALLY loves...
are FLAPS in books!
This is PURE HEAVEN for her!

And we've been reading this book and watching Baby Einstein Baby's First Moves every morning since. 

Personally...I can't wait to watch Esther. 

I really buy Veggie Tales for me...shhh don't tell. 


2 comments:

  1. Soumds like a great Easter. We have watched the Queen Esther movie at school and I give it two thumbs up. My girls always liked those lift the flap books too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg she looks so cute with her nose all scrunched up. she is growing up so fast. We love you guys. Gary and Billie

    ReplyDelete

Followers