The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, March 8, 2010

"Situational Stressors"

I have GREAT news!!  Turns out I'm NOT crazy!  Well...not entirely...and not clinically.  At least I think. 

Turns out I'm just in Crazyville more often than I thought!  Or maybe my life and Crazyville are morphing into one big weird crazy place?!  Anyway....

I talked with my doctor from Conway, good ol' Dr. J.  She is the one that delivered Q-Tip.  God love her...she's great! 

I expressed my fears of craziness to her and she confirmed them...ha...just kiddin.  She said that clinically speaking...using her terms...I have ALOT (all caps ALOT) of "situational stressors".  She said that is the medical term for "you're not crazy but you feel crazy because your life is crazy". 

DING, DING, DING...and the prize goes to...Dr. J!  For FINALLY helping me see that I'm NOT FREAKIN CRAZY!

Cause seriously...I was beginning to wonder!  Now...the best cure for the craziness that is "situational stressors"...so I'm told...is...

1. Putting on your big girl panties and dealing with it.

2. Spending time with friends or in my case since they are all far away...finding some new ones in MD.

3. Exercise...bought me the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred the other day.  I'm really, really, really, really scared of it but I'm gonna do it...I swear...I'm gonna. 

4. Sunshine...we reached 60 here yesterday so hopefully more of that is just around the corner!

5. Mommies day out...I'm going to look in to that one and try to find some mommy groups in my area.  I know our church has one I still have not gone to.  I do go to a group once a month but apparently once a month ain't gonna cut if for me. 

You remember I said my best good friend LP is coming to visit tomorrow and she leaves on the 16th.  Then we have a friend coming in that next weekend and then more friends that next Wednesday.  So after they are all gone I will be able to start The Shred and the mommy groups around town. 

As always...I'll keep you posted...ha...get it...posted? 

Heaven help me.

P.S.  Does anyone else out there feel that after childbirth...you have a special bond with the people that delivered your baby and took care of you during and after?  Cause I loved Dr. J before I had Q-Tip but after...I feel more comfortable talking with her than any doctor I have ever had.  After all...the woman has seen my uterus in it's entirety.  And so lovingly took a Hoover to it and gave it a good scrubbin.  How could I not feel comfortable telling her anything...right?  I think so too!!

The same thing with my delivery nurse.  I just love her to pieces!  Is it just me or is this a common occurrence? 

Just curious.

1 comment:

Followers