The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

OH. SO. TIRED.

I am oh so tired. 

We have walked, and walked, and walked.

I will tell you all about it at the earliest possible moment.

Until then...my dear friends, enjoy this nice little poem.  About farming no less.

Lousy Pay, But Steady Work
By Johnny Hathcock

The world was in need of a special man
To feed the cattle and grow the wheat,
To fill the mouths of the hungry,
With nourishing bread and meat.

So the Lord created us farmers,
A peculiar breed of fools,
Who fight a losing battle
With few and pitiful tools.

He gave us energy and strength,
And a powerful stubborn streak.
The life of a farmer-rancher
Is not for the lazy or weak.

The devil gets into the picture
And throws us a lot of curves,
Drought and flood and failures,
To jangle the strongest nerves.

We play the hand that was dealt us,
And if we play it well,
The Lord looks down and says, "Well done,"
And the devil says, "Aw, hell!"

Hope you enjoyed it.

Remember my dear friends...where would you be without the farmer and his beloved agriculture?

HUNGRY AND NAKED!!

P.S.  I was going to give you a nice little picture to go with the poem...but I'm even too tired to do that! 

Ta Ta

4 comments:

  1. Aw! I wanted to see the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes. My...Where would you be...t-shirt. I LOVE IT!! STILL wear it and get funny looks! LOL! I'll have to write a post about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a t-shirt kind of gal. I love me some cotton farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....I'm sorry you're so tired. I hope you get the pep back in your step soon!

    And I hope all is OK with you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers