The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

For the Perfectionists...And the Ones That Need More Happiness

Are you a perfectionist that feels like you are going crazy? 

HELLO...welcome to my world!

My dear friend Pam told me about this book called...The Pursuit of Perfect by Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D. 

And here it is....

I have to just say...it is PERFECT for perfectionists.  After simply reading the Introduction I had more "Aha Moments" than I have had in my ENTIRE life! 

Reading line after line I though...Lord Above that is SO me!  Me, me, me, me, me!  All of it! 

I checked this one out at my local library but I'm going to buy it at the bookstore ASAP.  As a matter of fact...I went to the bookstore yesterday to buy it.  They were out...but as luck would have it or divine intervention...I did find something else I thought was interesting.

I found THIS....


 It is by the same author and it looks like it's gonna be life changing!  For me anyway.

It is actually a week by week...for 52 weeks...workbook that gives you all sorts of exercises meditations and things to do to help you achieve a happier life.  And hey...lets just face it...there ain't nothing wrong with being happier even if you are happy.  You can never have too much right?  RIGHT! 

So...that being said...I am going to start this week by week journal book thingy and give you a weekly run down of how things are going.  I will probably be starting this little journey after my friend LP leaves.  I plan on being totally focused on her, her dad, having fun, drinking adult beverages, and forgetting all my troubles until she leaves.  At which point I will pick up the book and get happier.  Cause I'll inevitably be sad that she left. 

Ta Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers