The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finally....

Apparently I was too tired to think last night.  Or...the camera is over its moment of worthlessness and is working just fine today.  I think I'll go with the latter...it sounds much better!

I finally got our pictures from the Cherry Blossom Festival loaded on the computer.

We had such a great time.  Despite the chilly weather.


Would you like a little history lesson today?  No....too bad. 

I wouldn't really do that to you.

But if you would like to know more about the history of the beautiful cherry trees in Washington D.C....click HERE.  It is brief and will give you the facts on who, what, why, when, and where. 

I expect 2 page book reports by Friday at 3.  Just kidding.

And now...for the main event....

Are you ready?

Are you sure you're ready?

Please keep all hands, arms, and legs inside the cart at all times....

Oops...I guess that isn't really necessary.

Anyway...so here we go. 

Ooohhh...Ahhhh....

As you can see...Q-Tip was being as
compliant as ever!  But...not really.

I've pretty much given up on trying to get a picture with a cooperative child in it.  It's just not going to happen for awhile.  One day I will be able to threaten her into submission.  Until then...this is the way it is I guess. 

It still drives me nuts though!

Farm Boy took this one.  Didn't he do a good job?

Some of the trees surrounding the tidal basin.

The 359 year old stone lantern that is
lit at the beginning of the festival each year.

And...last but not least.  Me and my Farmer Boy.

This concludes our tour of the 2010 National Cherry Blossom Festival.  Please step out of the cart to your right and have a blessed day.

Ta Ta

4 comments:

  1. Unbelievable............so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    www.monkeetrouble7.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I have never made it up for the Cherry Blossoms Festival. We may need to change that next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were really beautiful Monkeetrouble! Definitely a must see!

    Thanks Alex! We really had a great time and the trees were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Followers