The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where's My Village?

I know it's totally cheesy but sometimes I watch Dr. Phil. 

Go ahead...laugh and get it out of your system.  Can we move on?  Okie dokie.

No one knows more than I because Farm Boy loves to tell me how cheesy it is that I sometimes watch Dr. Phil.  But really, when there isn't anything else on...and my DVR doesn't have anything intriguing on it...and Q-Tip is playing by herself...and I allow myself some tv time...and Dr. Phil is on...Dr. Phil will do.  Interestingly enough...he's got some pretty insightful stuff to say on occasion.  When he's not busy with the Octomom and all. 

So one day awhile back was just such an occasion.  He was talking to a mom about raising kids and he told her...it takes a village to raise a child.  

WHAT?  Pause...Rewind...play...It takes a village to raise a child. 

No wonder I'm losin it...I don't have a freakin Village!  It was as though a weight had been lifted from my shoulders...nah not really but it sounded good.  It was quite a moment though...for a moment. 

It sort of eases the June Cleaver syndrome sometimes when I'm feeling a little well...less than June Cleaver. 

So if you are like me and don't have a village...I feel ya.  And yes it sucks.  And yes sometimes you feel like you want to pull your hair out one strand at a time.  And yes it sends me to Crazyville on a regular basis.  But...there is only one person that can fix this situation and it is....damn I don't want to say it...ME.  UGH...it's so freakin hard though!

I guess...bloom where you're planted...and all that crap. 

I think I need some fertilizer this time. 

5 comments:

  1. He has a point. The sane people are only sane because they don't do it all by themselves. Don't worry. With or without a village you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Provident Woman! Sometimes...when my June Cleaver Syndrome is going full force...I have a moment or two of doubt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a village - they just don't happen to be next door! We're here for you sweetie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks annamac. I do feel better knowing y'all are at least a phone call or email away. Just wish y'all were a little closer so we could drink adult beverages together on occasion. Or perhaps Scrapbook every now and again. I don't think that's asking for to much. Do you? Love ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers