The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

It Has Happened

I have officially gone to Crazyville.  There is no use fighting it.  I suppose it is because I have been in the house for over a week.  Or because Farm Boy has been working his fingers to the nub...THE ENTIRE TIME...so I haven't really had him to talk to.  Or because I haven't worn make-up and really fixed my hair in God knows how long.  Or because Farm Boy is leaving the house tomorrow and going in to work.  Leaving me HERE...IN THIS HOUSE!!  There are many, many reasons.  So...due to the fact that my mind is in Crazyville...I will give you everything I've got tonight but it ain't much.

I am praying that tomorrow will be a MUCH better day.  It will be a better post I assure you because I will have LOTS of pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Early this evening TWO front end loaders showed up in the neighborhood and OH THE EXCITEMENT!  You would have thought that Elvis himself was back and in the flesh...in my front yard!  They were moving cars around and pushing all the snow in the parking lots up into everyone's yard.  My face was glued to the screen door causing it to fog up (give me a break y'all...I haven't been out of the house remember).  Farm Boy was out there helping to direct and getting the drivers and their boss drinks and offering them our dinner.  He's such a gem.  Neighbors were everywhere.  Farm Boy said the boss man told him that he had been up since 4:30 AM YESTERDAY morning!  CRAZY!  I took a few pictures but it was getting dark and Q-Tip was trying to eat her dinner and I couldn't leave her alone in the house.  There was quite the commotion going on out there.

SO...tune in tomorrow...same time, same station.  I am going to go out and take more pictures and try to capture the MASSIVENESS of the snow piles.  AND...I might...just might...go to the mall.  BUT SHHHH...don't tell!  Cause if I do...there could be SIGNIFICANT damage done!

So for tonight I will leave you with this...my favorite song for the day.  It is on Miranda Lambert's new CD Revolution.  However, Miranda did not write this one.  Fred Eaglesmith wrote it.  Both versions are good but I tend to lean more in favor of Miranda.  Cause she kicks...hiney...and all.

Time to Get a Gun
Fred Eaglesmith

My neighbor’s car got stole last night right out of his driveway
We heard the dog ‘a barking, we never paid them any mind
And Mary says she’s gonna lock the door from now on when we go away
I’ve been walking around this farm wondering if it’s time

Time to get a gun, that’s what I been thinkin’
I could afford one if I did just a little less drinkin’
Time to put something between me and the sun
When the talking is over it’s time to get a gun

Last week a government man was there when I walked out of my back door
He said “I’m sorry to bother you ma’am” it don’t matter anymore
‘Cause even while we’re talking right here where we stand
They’re making plans for a four-lane highway and a big ole overpass

Time to get a gun, that’s what I been thinkin’
I could afford one if I did just a little less drinkin’
Time to put something between me and the sun
When the talking is over it’s time to get a gun

Mary says she’s worried about herself and her kids
She’s never known anybody had a gun and her daddy never did
Well I think it should be up to me ‘cause when it’s all said and done
Somebody’s gotta walk into the night and I’m gonna be that one

Time to get a gun, that’s what I been thinkin’
I could afford one if I did just a little less drinkin’
Time to put something between me and the sun
When the talking is over it’s time to get a gun

When the party is over it’s time to get a gun

And if you are worried about my mental state...don't...I should be back to normal tomorrow.  You may say a prayer though...if you have a moment.  But for now I'm going to go stuff myself with Oatmeal Crispies again and watch Thursday night TV with Farm Boy.  The Snownami and Aftershock are doing a number on my hiney size...but I don't really give a dookie at this moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers