The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where Are You GOING?


QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What are your goals?

No....I don't mean you and your husband’s goals....or your goals for your kids...what are YOUR goals? What do YOU want/need?

Raise your hand if you have ever been driving in the car and said to yourself...where in the world am I going? *raising hand* Sad but true. I have totally done this. Which reminds me of a little phrase I once heard.....

YOU CAN'T GET WHERE YOU'RE
GOING UNLESS YOU KNOW WHERE YOU
WANT TO GO!

I had completely forgotten about this little piece of wisdom. And then today...*light bulb*...remembered it while thinking to myself....I...need a HOUSEKEEPER! Now I know this sounds random and crazy but hear me out y'all. So...I now have fully realized that I need a housekeeper and THAT is my destination/goal. Now, what do I need to do to get a housekeeper? I need more money. How am I going to get more money? *still thinking* I have no idea...YET. But, I am going to make myself a Dream Board. Actually, I'm going to call it my Goal Board. I have heard of people doing this before but have never really done it myself. So I hear all you have to do is get a poster board...I'm going to use a piece of paper...probably several sheets in my case...and copy and paste pictures from the internet or cut them out of a magazine and glue them onto your paper. Then, you put your paper up on the wall somewhere that you will see it everyday several times a day.

I know, it sounds kinda crazy. It might be...I might totally be losing you now...if your even there at all. But, I'm willing to take one for the team and try it out. I don't mind if y'all think I'm crazy...I kind of figured you did by now anyway!

I'll keep you updated on my Goal Board goings on.

First order of business.....getting myself a housekeeper.  Some way or another!





2 comments:

  1. Hummm….been doing some soul searching myself and I have no clue where I am headed. I do like the way you are thinking though. I have often thought about the “Dream Board” and I know ol Oprah talks about it so why haven’t I done it?!?! Goodness that Oprah she’s just is amazing! Anyway, I do know that I want to lose weight for myself and I want to become a mother. Doesn’t sound too hard right? :] I think I will be working on my dream board tomorrow since I am stuck at home. No work for me.
    I do want to say I love your blog. I look forward to reading it every night. Although, I could call and catch up I just read. It’s sad but sometimes we can be more raw online than over the phone line. Meg you have a good thing going and you are an amazing mother and friend. But then again you’ve always been amazing and I don’t think that is something you lose. You are just genetically made up that way. Keep it up sister. I think this blogging thing is neat and it keeps me entertained.
    BTW how’s the closet????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! YES! Now you're talking! This is exactly what I was talking about! Get rid of those tasks!!! Woo! Woo! Woo!

    ReplyDelete

Followers