The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, January 22, 2010

The Stack of Books

I LOVE TO READ!! It is one of my most favorite things to do...right up there with...well, I'll save those topics for another day but I love to read. It calms me, it excites me, it makes me smarter, it grounds me...I love it, love it, love it. But, the fact of the matter is that my reading time isn't what it used to be.

Case in point: This.....


is the stack of books that is on the shelf of my nightstand. There are 10 books here...go ahead and count them...it's okay...I sometimes questions my math skills as well. As I was saying...there are 10 books here and I am itching to read all 10 of them. This stack is mainly comprised of "help mommy to be a good mommy" books, "help wife be a good wife books", one on The National Cathedral, and one that my friend Courtney gave me that she assures me I will love. I don't doubt this in the slightest...as a matter of fact it scares me more that I will love it, not want to put it down, and then neglect other duties that are more important than the book. I guess it would come to an end eventually....when I've read it from cover to cover. Should I become aware that this book is a series that could pose a problem.
What this stack does NOT include is the other 10-15 books that I am DYING to read that currently reside in our local library. Call me crazy but I want to read the Harry Potter books and The Twilight books as well as several other "help ME" books including the Biggest Loser diet books. Because Lord knows I NEED to be a Biggest Loser. And we aren't even touching Oprah's latest list of great books! It's never ending!!
Once again, I find myself in desperation. Desperately seeking more time....but this time...I need time to READ!
P.S. Did you know that The Twilight books were written by a stay-at-home mom that was going crazy just like me?!?!! It's a fact! Which is what inspired me to want to read those books. Cause hey...if she can come up with a million dollar story...then I should be able to too...dad-gummit!
I'm off...to write my million dollar story...hopefully.
Cause I need a million dollars!
I'll tell you my many, many reasons for that later.

6 comments:

  1. Does your local library have audio downloads?

    I listened to the Harry Potter and Twilight series by downloading them from the library and listening on my MP3 player while cooking, cleaning, etc.

    It's not quite the same as curling up with a good book, but at this point I'll take what I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do! Thanks so much for the great idea...I'm ashamed I didn't think of it myself!

    And it sounds like you know first hand the kind of desperation I am talking about!

    Thanks MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan I was able to see your post from Pioneer Woman. It was so handy to be directed here. I've been wanting to share specific posts with some other friend bloggers but have not been able to figure it out. If you find the time could you mention how you do it. Or just email me at Bungalow'56. It just so happened I posted today on a favourite book. Funny how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend the Harry Potter books, I have the print books as well as the audio. I love love love to read myself so I'm getting all the reading in I can now while I'm still pregnant (34 weeks) because I know I won't have the brain capacity to read after the baby gets here. I'm so glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacey...I'm wanting to read Harry Potter so bad. It is very hard to find time to read these days. And as far as the audio...I keep trying to get it at the library but as you can imagine they are a hot item. Someday though...someday! :-)

    Yes read, read, read while you can! Having babies is a full time job! I'm glad you found me too. I think we've got a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Redeeming Love the 4 days were snowed in on our farm back in '06. It's a really good book and I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers