The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Old Days

Because it's Saturday night...and because not so long ago on a Saturday night Farm Boy and I would have been in some bar at a concert listening to a band and drinking beer with all our friends...I'm going to post the lyrics to my favorite song and then I'm gonna go drink a beer with Farm Boy and wish our friends were here.  I love you and miss you friends!

This is my favorite song as of today...meaning...it could be a completely different song tomorrow.  Take note....Miranda had a hand in writing her own song...I love it!

 Airstream Song
Miranda Lambert / Natalie Hemby

Sometimes I wish I lived in an Airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy
Break a heart, roll out of town
'Cause gypsies never get tied down

Sometimes I wish I lived on a mountain
Drank from a stream instead of a fountain
I’d stay there, top of the world
But I was born a red dirt girl

Unbridled or tethered and tied
The safety of the fence or the danger of the ride
I’ll always be unsatisfied

Sometimes I wish I lived by a pier
In a lighthouse with a chandelier
I’d watch everybody’s ships come in
And then I’d sail away with them

Unanchored in the storm
Or safely on the shore
If this is all I need, why do I want more

Sometimes I wish I lived in an airstream
Homemade curtains, lived just like a gypsy

Ahhh...I just love this song today. 

I'm off...off to have my beer with my Farm Boy. 

Y'all go have a beer...after all, it's Saturday night! 

Wait...what is your favorite song today?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers