The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Plaguing Addictions - Pt I

I am an addict. Plain and simple. There is no other way to say this effectively. And my plaguing addiction is...Organization. Does this mean that I am organized? HEAVENS NO!! That is the entire problem people! I am NOT organized....not even close. I need it, I want it, I crave it, I feel SO much better when I have it...classic symptoms of an addict. Not being organized is one of THE major things that sends me to Crazyville.

In my quest to keep it real I'm going to make another confession that may shock and appall some of you...here I go. *Deep Breath* We have lived at our current residence for almost an entire year and NONE of the closets in this house are organized yet!! NOT A SINGLE ONE! Q-Tips is probably the most decent and Farm Boy's would be a close second but my closet..I can barely say it..IT is the worst of them all by far! It's a disgrace people...a hideous disgrace!

Now to some this may not bother you and I say good for you if that is the case! But for me it is a plaguing situation that is rotting away at my soul. Until I find organization in this house it is a continuous load that I bear upon my shoulders day after day after day after day. F.Y.I....I'm runnin outta room up there! The thought of my hideous closets, among other places in this house that need help, is constantly in the back of my mind. It never leaves and whenever I sit down to do something that I consider fun....that little monster b-word perfectionist (still haven't got a name bad enough for her yet) creeps into my brain and says....WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING? You need to be organizing woman...ORGANIZING!! There is NO time for YOU to be having ANY kind of fun until it is ALL done!

Then the guilt sets in because I would rather enjoy myself, scrapbooking, sewing, or reading for that matter, rather than organize anything. Well maybe my scrapbook, sewing or reading stuff but does that really count? Although I do enjoy organizing once I get going. It's just the time I have to do that has to compete with all those other things and it's not at the top of my list. I mean can you blame me for wanting to read rather than organize? Then the mommy guilt sets in and says...what kind of example are you? What are you teaching your daughter? You are teaching her that it is okay to have a messy closet. It's not okay to have to lean over the pile of crap to get to your clothes. It's not okay that there are things that are STILL in boxes that need to be dealt with. And again, there may be some of you that feel it is okay and I am happy for you. Happy that you don't have the monster b-word perfectionist in your brain. What a joyous existence! Cause I have her and mine is like H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS sometimes.

I'm feeling a little ambitious this evening people....Lord help me. I'm afraid I'm about to say something that I may regret. It wouldn't be the first time! However, in order to save my soul from a slow rotting death I am considering putting this here blog to good use. Farm Boy would be so pleased...hehee. I am going to pledge to organize...to the best of my ability....one closet per week until they are done. And then I will move on to other disorganized and hideous parts of this house. And, I will document my progress and report back to you. Keep me in check people! I'm counting on you! I need you...don't let me down!!

But above all....pray for me people...I need help!!

P.S. I'm trying to keep Priscilla at bay today....yesterday she got a little out of hand with the A-word. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers