The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Little Girl Dream

Doesn't every little kid have a dream? A dream about who they want to be like or what they want to do when they grow up. I had LOTS of dreams! Like when I was really little I wanted to be Daisy Duke and have a really awesome Jeep. Then I wanted to be a Veterinarian and take care of horses. Horses, horses, horses. It was all I thought about and all I dreamed about. Then in the midst of horses I heard about this cowgirl chick named Charmayne James. It was all over from there. I WANTED TO BE....Charmayne James! Cause SHE was awesome!

Charmayne James is a barrel racer. She is the holder of more World Championships than any other woman in Professional Sports. But back when I wanted to be her I didn't even know about all of her championships and all of her titles. All I knew was that she had saved a horse from "being put to pasture" when she was just 14 years old. Now how cool is that? His name was Scamper and he was not much more than a bucking bronc when she got him. But she saw something that no one else saw. She saw his potential and slowly but surely turned him into a legend. And that is why I wanted to be her. I wanted to do something really great like that. I wanted to make my mark on the world! But at the time it was the rodeo world.

Needless to say I didn't become the next Charmayne James and I didn't save a horse from "being put to pasture". I guess my dreams have changed a little cause I know realistically that at my age and in the state of Maryland I'm not gonna be the next big rodeo star or save a rotten horse. But, I'm still looking for my sharpie so I can make my mark. I just have a much broader canvas to mark on now! And one day...I'm gonna find the perfect spot! When I do everyone better watch out cause I'm gonna go CRAZY! I'm already excited about it! It's gonna be great!

In the meantime...I guess I'll change a few diapers and teach someone their ABC's. That's pretty great I guess...don't ya think? I think so. Maybe I'll throw in a few 123's for some added greatness.

And maybe organize a few closets. Cause Lord knows the world is a MUCH better place when it is organized! I guess I covered that yesterday though huh? Speaking of yesterday...y'all aren't holding me to that are ya?

Just kiddin...simmer down....I plan on starting my first closet tomorrow. Things got a little out of hand today! Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow......

6 comments:

  1. You are going to be a big star someday. We will be on Oprah!! :) loved this post. You are an amazing person in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE your own Charmayne James...you are Megan...the friend anyone can call and say "hey I have had one crappy day"...and ya listen for hours to us bitch even when you want to throw the phone across the room and say..."I have my own crap to deal with"...you are Megan...the person we can call for a good laugh when we are feeling blue...you are Megan...the wonderful wife and mother that pulls through the strength to get through the day even at your worst moment b/c in the end you LOVE your family and you know that is what you NEED to do FOR THEM! You are Megan...ONE WHO ALWAYS THINKS ABOUT OTHERS BEFORE HERSELF! You are Megan...one of the most spiritual gifted people I know, one with many gifts (by the way you never figured out mine, lol) and one who loves the Lord with all of her heart, and knows in the end you are a child of God and you can ALWAYS lean on him for strength! You are one of the strongest women I know. MEGAN....YOU ARE JUST ALL AROUND...,AWESOME!!!! I love you girl and miss you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Court...thanks for saying such nice things about me!! Apparently I've got you fooled...Just kiddin girl! Love you too!

    Thanks Lyn! I hope my stardom comes fast cause sadly, we've only got one more season of Oprah! :-)

    Love y'all! Thanks for believing in me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want me to tell you the future and where your dreams are going to all come true...you SHOULD go on Blurb.com and have your blogs put into a book at the end of the year. Then your book is most deffinatly to end up on Oprahs Book List before it is too late! Your blogs are Awesome! I Loved reading every one. Keep it up, please!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Leslie! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading! That totally makes my day!

    I promise I will keep it up...it seems it has become my sanity these days! I can't explain it but it is!

    I hope you continue to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers