The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm a Pansy Ass...It's true!

Yea it's Saturday and Farm Boy is home with us!! Just had to share my excitement with someone!

Today I was reminded once again of the Pansy Ass of a mommy that I am. I am people...a big one. Call it what you will....weenie, loser....whatever you want but I am. I have such a good baby! She is calm, cool and collected most of the time. She is having a bit of a problem with strangers right now but I'm not to concerned about it yet. She does have her moments of toddler tantrums but they never last more than a few seconds and she is done and moving on about her business. She is happy pretty much wherever especially if she has a book to look at. I'm not trying to brag y'all but she is...ask anyone that knows her. Now...could this calm, cool and collectedness be a by-product of plenty of rest, minimal sugar, and ZERO caffeine in the diet? Who can say. But what I do know is that she is a very good baby. I am telling y'all this because....I know, I mean KNOW that if I had a hard baby....I would be in the nut house! And THAT is how I know I'm a pansy ass.

So today we took Q-Tip out for lunch after her big One Year Old photo shoot. Yes, yes I KNOW she is now 15 months...I'm runnin a little behind on the pictures these days. She was just a little tired and a tiny bit cranky but we made it through lunch without incident and as we were walking away from our table a lady stopped me. She stopped me to tell me what a good baby I had. She said it a few times and said we could NEVER take our son out to eat anywhere when he was that age. She said you are very blessed. Now wasn't that sweet of her? I thought it was sweet and I was VERY appreciative. I told her that I felt very blessed to have such a good baby and I knew she was good and thanked her for being so sweet and telling me. And my Q-Tip's sweet goodness is what makes me feel like a pansy ass!

God love all the mommies out there that have hard babies! God love y'all cause I don't know how you do it! I feel like I'm on the brink most of the time and I have a good baby! It is hard work being a mommy! Hard in so many ways. Emotionally, physically, mentally...all hard. Yes it is rewarding and fun and exciting and leaves you awe struck at the life you created. Those parts are wonderful and there is plenty of that. But at times....whew....I'm a pansy ass...that's just all there is to it!

P.S. To all the great women out there and my dear, dear friends that want to be mommies!! Y'all are gonna be so much better than me cause y'all aren't pansy asses!! Y'all are gonna be Rock Star Mommies and I can't wait to see it! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers