The Craziness That is Me...Megan

Frequently moving perfectionist often driven to Crazyville by moving, motherhood, and...myself. Lover of music, homemade things, and Oklahoma.

Friday, January 29, 2010

But What Does It Mean

I'll tell you a secret but you have to promise not to tell....K? Ready? K...so sometimes (all the time) I wish I was an awesome, kick ass, none can compare songwriter. I wish I could write songs that completely took your breathe away. I’m not just talking about a honkey tonk badonkadonk songwriter…I’m talking like a Miranda Lambert, and I hate to admit it but Taylor Swift kinda song writer. She’s good; you have to admit the girl is good. Really though there are a hundred people I can think of. Jamey Johnson, Randy Rogers….see where I’m going with this? The differences between them and the honkey tonk badonkadonk guy…their songs have a story. When I hear one of their songs I want to call them up so bad and figure it all out. I want to ask them...so where did this one come from?

I heard that Randy Rogers once wrote 80+ songs about the same girl. And every song I have heard Randy Rogers sing I like. Every one of them. Oh the things I would do with half that talent!

Really though…it’s the stories behind those songs that get me. Or it’s the songs that I can relate to my life…that I can put MY story into. That is what really gets me. I like for there to be meaning behind things. I don’t know why it is so important to me. I can’t just make a hasty decision about anything really. I want there to be some hidden meaning in everything around me.

So I think…if I could write songs…I could release all that hidden meaning stuff and name my dog something random and off the wall and not worry so much about naming her something that means something. What do y’all think?

I don’t have a clue how to write a song though and I’m gonna be realistic and say, I don’t think I could write a song that was worth a darn even if I did know how to write a song. But I will say, I LOVE a good song that has a good story behind it!

And deep down…I’ll always wish I was a songwriter!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HONESTY, I HAVE BEEN THERE AND FELT ALL THAT AND YOU KNOW WHAT ONE DAY WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AND YOUR KIDS DO NOT EMBARRES YOU IN PUBLIC AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEM SPIT BATHS IN CHURCH ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY ON THEIR OWN COMBED THEIR HAIR AND WASHED THEIR FACE AND ACTUALLY TOOK A BATH YOU WILL BE SO PROUD OF THEM , YOU REALLY WILL,

    LOVE YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY

    AND FOR THE ORGANIZATION , IT WILL ALWAYS HAUNT YOU ALWAYS

    LOVE YOU AUNT LIZ

    ReplyDelete

Followers